THIS IS EPISODE 88 OF THE SPORTS SPECTRUM PODCAST
Matthew Slater has played 10 NFL seasons since being selected in the fifth round of the 2008 NFL Draft by the New England Patriots.
He is a two-time Super Bowl champion and has been named to seven consecutive Pro Bowls as a special teams ace with New England.
Slater’s father, Jackie, is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and is one of the greatest offensive lineman in NFL history.
On this episode of the podcast, we talk to Matthew about the differences in winning and losing a Super Bowl, why he stays away from social media, his upcoming free agency, growing up with a Hall of Fame dad and his memories of his one career NFL reception.
Matthew Slater ties Steve Tasker (7) for the most special teams Pro Bowl honors in NFL history. pic.twitter.com/0GtC0DB9cT
— New England Patriots (@Patriots) December 20, 2017
Back in 2017, Matthew Slater spoke about salvation in Christ to The Increase and what it means to know God and understand what Jesus has done for us.
– NEW PODCAST: Matt Forte says goodbye to the NFL
– NEW PODCAST: Philadelphia Eagles players on 2017 Super Bowl championship season
– NEW PODCAST: Eagles Zach Ertz, Brandon Graham
– NEW PODCAST: Darryl Strawberry, 4-time World Series Champion
– NEW PODCAST: Earl Smith, Warriors and 49ers Team Chaplain