I ONCE WAS
Stories of transformation from the lives of pro athletes
When Benjamin Watson was 6 years old, his father asked him an important question: “If you were to die tonight, do you know what would happen to you?” Benjamin said he didn’t, so his father shared with him a Bible verse, John 3:16 (NKJV), which says, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” What happened next was the moment, as Benjamin looks back now, when he passed from death into life.
Watch the video above to hear Benjamin tell his “I Once Was” story, and listen to the podcast below to hear Benjamin expand on the moment that changed his life.
We’re all in the middle of a story, and whether we admit it or not, we want our stories to matter. It’s those stories of deep and lasting impact that come to life when a person encounters Jesus, and responds to Him by faith. “I Once Was” invites professional athletes to share their own transformational stories, describing the very moment that changed their lives forever.
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – NHL Defenseman Josh Manson
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – Former NFL linebacker Lorenzo Alexander
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – MLB Shortstop Nick Ahmed
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – NFL Quarterback Nick Foles
– WATCH: ‘I Once Was’ Intro – Stories of transformation from pro athletes
– View videos on YouTube