I ONCE WAS
Stories of transformation from the lives of pro athletes
Adam Wainwright endured an up-and-down season in 2005. He made his major-league debut that September, but a month later was left off the Cardinals postseason roster. Frustrated while sitting at home during the playoffs, Adam cried out to God for the first time. That night, he vowed to put God at the center of everything in his life. What followed was a joy that can only be found in accepting Jesus Christ.
Watch the video above to hear Adam tell his “I Once Was” story, and listen to the podcast below to hear Adam expand on the moment that changed his life.
We’re all in the middle of a story, and whether we admit it or not, we want our stories to matter. It’s those stories of deep and lasting impact that come to life when a person encounters Jesus, and responds to Him by faith. “I Once Was” invites professional athletes to share their own transformational stories, describing the very moment that changed their lives forever.
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – Former NHL Player Mike Fisher
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – Former NFL Tight End Benjamin Watson
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – NHL Defenseman Josh Manson
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – Former NFL linebacker Lorenzo Alexander
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – MLB Shortstop Nick Ahmed
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – NFL Quarterback Nick Foles
– WATCH: ‘I Once Was’ Intro – Stories of transformation from pro athletes
– View videos on YouTube