I ONCE WAS
Stories of transformation from the lives of pro athletes
Mike Fisher was in the NHL at 19 years old and making a lot of money, but also making bad choices. He felt shame and emptiness, and felt he was losing his soul, even though he was at the pinnacle of success as the world views it. His cousin, however, saw him struggling, and invited him to study the Bible. Through that time, the Lord “broke” Mike. God gave him a new purpose, and Mike now knows what it is to find true life.
Watch the video above to hear Mike tell his “I Once Was” story, and listen to the podcast below to hear Mike expand on the moment that changed his life.
We’re all in the middle of a story, and whether we admit it or not, we want our stories to matter. It’s those stories of deep and lasting impact that come to life when a person encounters Jesus, and responds to Him by faith. “I Once Was” invites professional athletes to share their own transformational stories, describing the very moment that changed their lives forever.
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – Former NFL Tight End Benjamin Watson
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – NHL Defenseman Josh Manson
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – Former NFL linebacker Lorenzo Alexander
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – MLB Shortstop Nick Ahmed
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – NFL Quarterback Nick Foles
– WATCH: ‘I Once Was’ Intro – Stories of transformation from pro athletes
– View videos on YouTube