With a new Major League Baseball season comes new style. That means new spring training hats for every club.
“We worked tirelessly with our internal product-management team and consulted with a handful of MLB players and club equipment managers to create a cap that performs better on the field of play. We also made sure to add an on-trend look and feel that players and baseball fans everywhere will enjoy,” said Tony DeSimone, New Era’s baseball business-unit director.
Also to be worn during batting practice prior to regular-season games this year, the caps have technology to make them lighter and more moisture-absorbing, and feature beveled rubber badge team logos on the front. But what’s most noticeable are the new logos for some teams, or new color schemes for others.
We checked out all 30 and picked our favorites:
10) Cincinnati Reds — a nice medieval look
9) Atlanta Braves — the Braves are known for the tomahawk
8) San Diego Padres — a fresh look to a simple design
7) Baltimore Orioles — the old-school logo
6) Colorado Rockies — incorporates the state flag
5) Detroit Tigers — brighter is better, right?
4) Chicago White Sox — we like this retro look too
3) Kansas City Royals — more “royal” than their traditional KC logo
2) Toronto Blue Jays — what Canadian wouldn’t love this hat?
1) Tampa Bay Rays — flashy, new and unique for the Rays
You can view all 30 MLB Spring Training hats here.
(All images courtesy of MLB)
– Our favorite NBA City Edition jerseys
– MLB pitcher R.A. Dickey spending more time with family, sharing his faith in Christ
– Cardinals Adam Wainwright to honor victims of Western Kentucky shooting
– Twins Gold Glove winner Brian Dozier says baseball is not his priority