I ONCE WAS
Stories of transformation from the lives of pro athletes
Despite meeting with a chaplain for a couple months when he was in college, things weren’t clicking for Demario Davis. But at a conference in December 2008, all the words in the worship songs started to make sense. It was like scales fell from his eyes as he began to grasp why Jesus came to die. That night, he entered into a relationship with his Heavenly Father. Ever since, Demario has been living with an “immense fire” for the Kingdom of God and telling others about Jesus.
Watch the video above to hear Demario tell his “I Once Was” story.
We’re all in the middle of a story, and whether we admit it or not, we want our stories to matter. It’s those stories of deep and lasting impact that come to life when a person encounters Jesus, and responds to Him by faith. “I Once Was” invites professional athletes to share their own transformational stories, describing the very moment that changed their lives forever.
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – MLB Pitcher Adam Wainwright
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – Former NHL Player Mike Fisher
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – Former NFL Tight End Benjamin Watson
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – NHL Defenseman Josh Manson
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – Former NFL linebacker Lorenzo Alexander
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – MLB Shortstop Nick Ahmed
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – NFL Quarterback Nick Foles
– WATCH: ‘I Once Was’ Intro – Stories of transformation from pro athletes
– View videos on YouTube