I ONCE WAS
Stories of transformation from the lives of pro athletes
While watching fellow baseball players get baptized during a conference in 2010, MLB catcher Matt Wieters felt God was about to do something amazing in his life. Sure enough, from that day on he felt the Holy Spirit continually ask him, “Are you ready to die to yourself?” Once he was finally able to say “yes,” a rebirth took place inside of Matt. Four years after watching others declare their faith in Christ and get baptized, Matt got in that same pool.
Watch the video above to hear Matt Wieters tell his “I Once Was” story.
We’re all in the middle of a story, and whether we admit it or not, we want our stories to matter. It’s those stories of deep and lasting impact that come to life when a person encounters Jesus, and responds to Him by faith. “I Once Was” invites professional athletes to share their own transformational stories, describing the very moment that changed their lives forever.
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – NFL Wife Kristin Young
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – Pro Football Hall Of Famer Bryant Young
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – NFL Linebacker Demario Davis
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – MLB Pitcher Adam Wainwright
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – Former NHL Player Mike Fisher
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – Former NFL Tight End Benjamin Watson
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – NHL Defenseman Josh Manson
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – Former NFL linebacker Lorenzo Alexander
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – MLB Shortstop Nick Ahmed
– WATCH: ‘I ONCE WAS’ – NFL Quarterback Nick Foles
– WATCH: ‘I Once Was’ Intro – Stories of transformation from pro athletes
– View videos on YouTube